Texas Tough Broccoli

How many times have you heard that broccoli is a cool weather veggie? Well, not around my parts. My neighbor gave me the seeds of Texas Tough Broccoli. Not available in stores. I even hesitated  to give my gardening buddy a few.

July

Isn't she a beaut?! Broccoli in the heat of the summer. My neighbor told me that this will not only survive the summer, but winter too. It might be tough, but I'm still waiting for crowns. It must be a first time gardener error. I'm holding out, though. I've read the leaves are edible.

This just proves how important seed keeping is. Thanks Yvette, I'm pretty proud to have the seeds. She's been a good teacher and the chain link fence between us does not make me less envious of her garden.  

I think I'm going to give square foot gardening a try...

Labels: